Open Hearts. Open Minds. Strong Values.
Congregation Beth Israel’s Caring Committee has a corp group of volunteers ready to help fellow congregants and family members by providing compassionate support in various ways, including:
- Expressing condolences to bereaved families and assisting with shiva arrangements.
- Providing home and hospital visits by request of community members who are ill or injured.
- Assisting with transportation to the doctor, to CBI worship services or community events.
- Delivering “Mitzvah Meals” to any member of the congregation who could use a helping hand with meal preparation due to illness, accident, birth of a new baby or some other circumstance.
- Visiting Jewish patients from out of town and offering assistance with Hebrew translation, if necessary.
- Providing information about community resources to meet more long-term needs of Jewish elders
If you or a loved one or a friend or an acquaintance would like a pastoral call or a visit, please contact Rabbi Tom Gutherz at email@example.com or (434) 295-6382, ext. 401. If your call is urgent and you cannot reach Rabbi Tom, call Raya Rzeszut, Office Administrator at (434) 295-6382, ext. 200.
Are you a Mensch?
The CBI Caring Committee is always looking for new volunteers to help us achieve our mission to strengthen links to each other, help increase member connections, and provide member support to those during difficult times. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Charlotte Crystal, Caring Committee Chair.