Open Hearts. Open Minds. Strong Values.
In 1999, Congregation Beth Israel acquired a Torah scroll (MST#12) on permanent loan from the Czech Memorial Scrolls Trust. It had been confiscated by the Nazis from the town of Frydek-Mistek, along with hundreds of others from the former Jewish communities of Bohemia and Moravia. These scrolls were rescued by the Czech Memorial Scrolls Trust in 1964 and since then, many have been distributed to Jewish communities around the world in order to memorialize those lost communities.
Learn More About Our Torah's History:
- The Czech Torah Network
- The Jewish Museum in Prague
- The Bohemia-Moravia Special Interest Group of JewishGen
News Articles & Other Interesting Items:
- Photos of the Frydek-Mistek Scroll
- Rob Capon on acquiring the scroll
- Newspaper Article on the Holocaust Scroll and CBI
- Daily Progress Article on survivors from Frydek-Mistek
- Record of a personal remembrance from a resident of Frydek-Mistek
- Article 'In the Shadow of Frydek Synagogue' by Jaromir Polasek
- Memorial Record in celebration of the 60th Anniversary of the Foundation of the Temple of the Hebrew Congregation of Frydek-Mistek (in German)
- Abridged Translation from the German of the Memorial Record
- Holocaust Scroll Number 12 Certificate